Run or debug a non-Client Services Web Project on the Client Services runtimeAdded by IBM on October 5, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
To run or debug a non-Client Services Web Project on the Client Services runtime, perform the following procedure:
Parent topic: Running and debugging using "Run on Server" style
- Change the project's runtime to the Client Services runtime from the project's Properties > Targeted Runtimes. If the Client Services run time is not displayed or disabled, remove the project facets that are not supported by the Client Services runtime, as noted in this page.
- Update the project's manifest file manually to add dependencies to Import-package or Require-Bundle entries, if the project has dependencies on OSGi bundles or services other than servlet and JSP. Since the project is not a Client Services Web Project, it does not have the support from Lotus® Expeditor Toolkit to automatically manage the dependencies.
- Select Window > Open Perspective > Other > J2EE to switch to the Java™ EE Perspective.
- From the project Explorer view, select the web project to be tested.
- Right-click the project and select Run As > Run on server... (or Debug As > Debug on Server…)
- Choose a Client Services 6.2 server and click Next. If one does not exist, define a Client Services server by doing the following steps:
- Click Manually define a new server.
- Select IBM® > Client Services v6.2 as the server type and click Next.
- Choose a target definition and/or features/plug-ins and click Next.
If the existing Client Services server was created when the IDE was configured with a different test environment, you cannot use it as is. You can either create a new server as described above or modify the configuration of the existing server. To modify the existing server configuration, do the following steps:
- In the Servers view, right-click the server and click Open.
- In the server editor, click Advanced.
- In the Advanced server properties dialog box, edit the targets, plugins and other properties for the server configuration as needed.
- Click Apply or OK.
- To test multiple projects, add or remove other projects that are configured on the server.
- Select Finish to launch.