® Support Assistant may be run on the client to gather diagnostic data.
Support Assistant in the Troubleshooting section of the Lotus
® Expeditor 6.2 Information Center for more information on what the IBM
Support Assistant tool provides in the Expeditor Client. Optionally, the output from the IBM
Support Assistant tool can be uploaded to the Client Management server where it can be accessed from the administrative console.
To run the IBM
Support Assistant on one or more clients, use the Run IBM
Support Assistant task. To run a Run IBM
Support Assistant task using the administrative console, follow these steps:
- Select Expeditor Client Management > Clients.
- Optionally, select one or more clients. You will be able to select additional clients in a later step including targeting a filter.
- Select Run IBM Support Assistant from the list of actions and click Go.
- Select the task type and click Next. See Managing tasks for more information.
- If the output should be uploaded to the Client Management server, select Retrieve IBM Support Assistant results.
- The IBM Support Assistant allows you to enter parameters that specify which collector to run. You will rarely need to do this. Only if directed by an IBM Support representative, enter valid IBM Support Assistant collector parameters in the IBM Support Assistant Collector Parameters (Optional) field.
- Click Next.
- Update the target client queue if needed. You can target filters from this panel. Click Next when complete. See Targeting tasks for more information.
- Set the task options and click Create Task. See Task options for more information.
After the task is created, you can view the task status and monitor its progress. See Monitoring task progress
for more information.
Retrieving IBM Support Assistant outputParent topic: Managing with a Client Management server
If you selected to have the IBM
Support Assistant output uploaded to the Client Management Server, you can find a link to the output in the task status when it completes.