Searching IBM knowledge basesAdded by IBM on October 5, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can often find solutions to problems by searching IBM® knowledge bases. This topic describes how to optimize your results by using available resources, support tools, and search methods.
You can often find solutions to problems by searching IBM
® knowledge bases. This topic describes how to optimize your results by using available resources, support tools, and search methods.
Parent topic: Learning more
Available technical resources
The following technical resources are available to help you answer questions and resolve problems:
Searching with support tools
The following desktop tools are available to help you search across IBM
- IBM Support Assistant (ISA) is a software serviceability workbench that helps you resolve questions and problems with IBM software products. It provides quick access to support-related information along with serviceability tools for problem determination. For example, click Find Information on the Support Assistant Home page to search Support documents, developerWorks® articles, newsgroups, and forums. You can also use the Advanced Search link to target specific document types, such as APARs (problem reports), downloads, or technotes.
- IBM Software Support Toolbar is a browser plug-in that provides you with a mechanism to easily search IBM support sites. You can download the toolbar at http://www.ibm.com/software/support/toolbar/.
The following resources describe how to optimize your search results:
Receiving automatic updates
. To receive weekly email notifications regarding fixes and other support news, follow these steps:
- Go to the IBM Software Support Web site at http://www.ibm.com/software/support/.
- Click My support in the far upper-right corner of the page under Personalized support.
- If you have already registered for My support, sign in and skip to the next step. If you have not registered, click register now. Complete the registration form using your email address as your IBM ID and click Submit.
- Click Edit profile.
- In the Products list, select Software. A second list is displayed.
- In the second list, select a product segment, for example, Systems management. A third list is displayed.
- In the third list, select a product subsegment, for example, Application Performance & Availability. A list of applicable products is displayed.
- Select the products for which you want to receive updates.
- Click Add products.
- After selecting all products that are of interest to you, click Subscribe to email on the Edit profile tab.
- Select Please send these documents by weekly email.
- Update your email address as needed.
- In the Documents list, select Software.
- Select the types of documents that you want to receive information about.
- Click Update.
. For information on RSS, including steps for getting started and a list of RSS-enabled IBM
web pages, visit www.ibm.com/software/support/rss/ http://www.ibm.com/software/support/rss/