You must configure the toolkit before you can begin using it. A configuration dialog is provided for this purpose, and is presented automatically after the toolkit is installed and the IDE restarted.
To develop applications for the Lotus
® Expeditor Client for Desktop offering, configure the toolkit using the following steps:
- Select Lotus Expeditor for Desktop in the Test Environment field of the configuration dialog.
- Validate that the contents of the Target Location field is correct. The initial contents of this field contain the default install location for the Lotus Expeditor Client for Desktop offering. If it was not installed in the default location, Browse to the location you selected when installing the Lotus Expeditor Client for Desktop offering.
Note: The runtimes must be Lotus Expeditor 6.2 runtimes. Prior versions of Expeditor runtimes are not supported.
- Validate that the contents of the VM name field is correct. The default VM name is Java™ SE 6.
- Validate that the Compiler compliance level is correct. This is set to the appropriate value for the VM name selected and should not need to be changed.
- Change the preference option that controls when the dialog is displayed if desired.
- Select OK.
The PDE Target Platform page provides a method of selecting "Pre-defined Targets" and applying those targets to the environment. In general, this option should not be used when building applications with the Lotus
Expeditor Toolkit. This may reset the target platform to point to the IDE environment in which you are developing.
For additional information on Toolkit configuration, see Selecting and configuring test environments
Parent topic: Setting up the Lotus Expeditor Toolkit