Struts is a framework of open-source software that can help you build Web applications quickly and easily. It relies on standard technologies such as Java
™ beans, Java
servlets, JavaServer Pages (JSP), and XML.
Struts encourages application architectures based on the Model 2 approach, which is essentially the same as the model-view-controller (MVC) design pattern. For additional information on Struts, refer to the Developing Web sites and applications
and Web Tools Features
sections of the Rational
® Software Delivery Platform documentation.
The client platform supports the use of Struts-based web applications. Please ensure that the prerequisite components Apache Commons components
and Apache Struts Runtimes
are installed on the Expeditor client using the update site.
To add Struts support to an existing Client Services web project, select the Struts facet by performing the following steps:
- Right click on your project in the Project Explorer view, and select Properties.
- Select Project Facets > Add/Remove Project Facets...
- From the Project Facets window, select the Struts facet, then Finish.
- Upon creation of the Client Services web project, a list of JARs are added to your Client Services Web project under the WebContent\WEB-INF\lib directory.
- Add the following bundles to the required bundles list in the project manifest file (MANIFEST.MF):
Remove the following jars from the WebContent\WEB-INF\lib directory:
Parent topic: Developing Web Application logic