To run the sample, you must import the sample into your workspace, configure it, and then start the sample.
Follow these steps:
- To import the sample:
- Select File > Import.
- From the Import Wizard, select General and then select Existing Projects into Workspace. Click Next.
- Select the Archive file radio button.
- Enter the name of the sample jar file, stable.jar, or browse to the com.ibm.rcp.tools.samplegallery2 plug-in directory and select the jar file from the archive directory.
- The dialog shows the projects present in the archive jar file. Select Finish to install the projects into your workspace.
This sample includes code to demonstrate database migration. To show the database migration, you must launch the platform twice, the second time with changes to demonstrate the migration.
- To configure and run the sample:
- Select Run > Run Configurations... from the main menu.
- Select Client Services and click New.
- Type a unique name for your configuration, such as Styled Table.
- Select the Plug-ins tab and verify that the com.ibm.rcp.samples.swidgets.stable plug-in is selected.
- Select the Arguments tab and verify that –console is in the Program Arguments field.
- Click Apply and then Run.
This sample contributes an item to the application launcher:
Select Open > STable Sample Application
The application (perspective) opens to display a single view containing a Tab Folder. Select each of the tabs to view the table.
Each tab shows a different table style using the same table data.
Shows a basic table to display the data.Paged Content Table
Shows a table with data provided by the IPagedContentProvider. Use of a control in the STtable is also shown. This table also demonstrates the search options. Right-click any of the fields and select Search. Type in search text. Cells containing the matching search text are identified using italicized font.Sortable Table
Shows a table constructed with sort options. Select any of the header fields to switch between ascending, descending, and no sort.Editable Table
Shows a table constructed with edit options. Select any of the fields in the Employee Name, Department, or Certified columns, and an editor is displayed. Changes to the data are reflected in the tables in other tabs.Vertical Layout Table
Shows a table with an initial layout using the VerticalLayout. Right-click the table for a menu option to switch to the standard layout. This table also shows the gutter selection options available with the table.Nested Table
Shows a table that contains nested tables. The nested tables are viewed by selecting the [+] symbol next to the rows.Parent topic: Styled table