As an IBM business partner you have many resources for learning and enablement. This learning roadmap guides you through the process. This is a starting point for all resellers, covering technical and sales education.
Signup for IBM Partnerworld
As an IBM Partnerworld member
you will have access to everything that is posted
online for IBM Lotus Foundations Start.
Attend Lotus Foundations Start Technical Course – 1 day
Once you attend this workshop, you will be able to do the following:
· Explain the high-level architecture of IBM Lotus Foundations Start.
· Explain the IBM Lotus Foundations Start hardware and software requirements.
· Install and configure IBM Lotus Foundations Start applications such as IBM Lotus Notes and IBM Lotus Domino.
· Upgrade and install software using Software Update.
· Create users and teams.
· Establish quotas.
· Setup customized backup settings.
· Describe product features in terms of capabilities, such as autonomic behavior, backup/fault tolerance, and applications.
· Describe Lotus Foundations features and services such as web-based administration, firewall/VPN/router support, backup/restore/disaster recovery, and anti-virus/anti-spam, POP, IMAP, SMTP, IP-based printing, Web, and FTP servers.
· Restore from backup and recover from a failed main disk.
· Use the IBM Smart Business Developers’ Kit to test and deploy Lotus Notes applications to Lotus Foundations.
· Install and run Microsoft Windows applications on IBM Lotus Foundations.
· Hands' on practice with IBM Lotus Symphony
How to enroll:
Take the course in traditional classroom mode (face-to-face) or virtual class.
Download the course and take in a self-study mode instead
IBM Lotus Foundations Online Sales Course
- 2 hours online training.
This course provides Business Partners information about Lotus Foundations Start to help them identify prospects and successfully present IBM Lotus Foundations as a solution. The IBM Lotus Foundations software appliance provides the essential software that small businesses with limited or no technical resources need to run their business. Lotus Foundations Start gives IBM business partners access to a large market which currently has limited IT alternatives. Partners can increase their customer base by selling Lotus Foundations into this rapidly growing SMB market and by providing value-add services including network consulting, design, installation, and administration services. Partners can also develop and integrate their business applications onto the Lotus Foundations platform to address the market need for business-centric solutions.
Access IBM DeveloperWorks Online Resources
Download IBM Lotus Foundations Start Trial Version
IBM Lotus Foundations Start code available for business partners on the IBM Software Access Catalog
New! Click here if you are interested in Domino-specific training
Download a Podcast and read industry blogs
Download The Taking Notes Podcast and listen to Caleb Barlow from IBM talk
about the Lotus Foundations appliance. http://www.takingnotespodcast.com/blogs/takingnotes.nsf/dx/takingnotesepisode84.htm
· Graham Dodge's blog
· Bilal Jaffery's Foundations Blog
Create a Test Environment with VMWare
We hope that you are already using Lotus Foundations Start. However, you may create a virtual environment using VMWare (not for production, but good for ad-hoc testing and learning). You will need to have VMWare (licensed product) to do this. Here are videos to get you started for installation and setup.
Watch and Learn - Access Video demos and tutorials
Online – through the Lotus Foundations Wiki
Download – through this link to the FTP site
Review available general offerings through IBM Innovation Centers
· Architecture reviews and Proof of Technology
· Maximize Your Relationship with IBM -
half-day seminar to learn about IBM resources for BPs.
· Connect to Win -
networking session with IBM sales and other BPs to identify ways to close more business
· IIC Facilities can be used to host BP events via Client Events Package; eligibility rules vary by geo;