Configure WAS prior to the FEB installation
1. You must enable security in WebSphere Application Server before you install Forms Experience Builder. To enable security, open the WebSphere Application Server Integrated solutions console.
a. Expand the Security tree and select Global security.
b. In the Administrative security section, select the check box for Enable administrative security.
c. In the Application security section, select the check box for Enable application security.
d. In the User Account Repository, ensure Current Realm Definition is set to Federated repositories.
e. Click Apply to apply your changes.
f. You must restart WebSphere Application Server after security is enabled.
2. To begin the installation, extract the software package. Run the Launchpad file for your platform. For Windows, use Launchpad.exe or Launchpad64.exe for 64-bit Windows platforms. For Linux and AIX®, run launchpad.sh.
3. Note: In some Windows environments, it might be necessary to right-click Launchpad and select Run as Administrator to start IBM Installation Manager correctly.
4. Click Install in the Product Overview section.
5. Launchpad detects the presence of IBM Installation Manager, which is a wizard-based installation program that is used in many IBM products. Launchpad uses your current version of IBM Installation Manager and add the Forms Experience Builder repository automatically.
6. In the IBM Installation Manager window, click Next to install the packages for IBM Installation Manager, if you did not install it, and Forms Experience Builder.
7. Click Next and read the license agreement.
8. Read the license agreement, click I accept the terms in the license agreement radio button, and then click Next. The Select Installation Directory panel opens.
9. Select the location for the shared files and click Next. Select the directory for the Forms Experience Builder installation, and click Next.
Use a short installation path. For example, use C:\FormsExperienceBuilder instead of C:\Program Files\IBM\FormsExperienceBuilder. If you exceed the 259 maximum character length, you may receive one of the following error messages during configuration or in the IBM Installation Manager log files:
· The input line is too long.
· The syntax of the command is incorrect.
· The file name is too long.
10. Select the features that you want to install with Forms Experience Builder.
· For a production environment, you must select Install IBM Forms Experience Builder with WebSphere Application Server.
· For a non-production environment, select Install IBM Forms Experience Builder with WebSphere Application Server Community Edition.
· To install a Forms Experience Portlet on WebSphere Portal, Install IBM Forms Experience Portlet on existing WebSphere Portal.
· To install a version of Forms Experience Builder that is integrated with Connections, choose Install IBM Forms Experience Builder Connections Integrator.
11. Enter and validate the properties for your WebSphere Application Server, your database, and your mail server. Click Next
· If you are integrating with WebSphere Portal, your server must be running, and you must enter the properties for it after you configure your database and mail server.
· If you are integrating with Connections, you must also enter the properties of the Connections server you are using.
2. A summary screen is shown. Confirm the information that is shown is correct, and click Install
Forms Experience Builder is installed into the specified directory on your system. When installation is complete, click Finish to close the installer.
Installing Forms Experience Builder 8.5 in a 2-node cluster - Table of Contents