The Create button on the Web Server Plug-in Configuration Tool does not work
This could indicate that you are experiencing a defect within the Configuration Tool that is resolved with APAR PM46369: Create button unresponsive in WAS v8 Plugin Configuration Tool of WebSphere Customization Toolbox.) http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PM46369
An upgrade is required to create the Web Server, as there is a defect with version 8.0 of the WebSphere Customization Toolbox.
AddNode Task fails
You may experience an issue where you run the addNode task but receive a failure at the command line. If this occurs and you can see the node "SECONDARYNodeName" still exists in the dmgr master configuration follow these steps to clean up:
1. Make sure dmgr is running.
2. Run cleanupNode.bat script from the Dmgr. Navigate to the bin directory of the Dmgr and run the task as the sample below.
C\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\Dmgr01\bin>cleanupNode.bat SECONDARYNode01 DMGR.victoria.ibm.com 8879 -trace
3. If this command runs fine with no errors then check the node location directory to make sure the "SECONDARYNode01" is no longer listed.
4. After confirming the secondary node is removed, then stop dmgr and cleanup following directory :
5. Clean up the C\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppServer\config\temp
6. If the cleanupNode.bat command fails in the step 2, then create a PMR with the WebSphere Application Server team for assistance. Send them the new collector tool output from dmgr01 profile.