This article explains how to upgrade WebSphere Application Server and IBM HTTP Server in preparation of a Lotus Forms Server - Webform Server 3.5.1 cluster deployment scenario.
1. Install the WebSphere Application Server Update Installer.
2. Copy the update files into the maintenance folder within the Updateinstaller directory.
3. Run the update installer to install the above maintenance packages
4. Select Install maintenance package
5. Navigate to the installation directory of AppServer and click Next
6. Navigate to the maintenance folder under the UpdateInstaller directory
7. Select the update 7.0.0-WS-WAS-WinX32-FP0000005.pak and 7.0.0-WS-WASSDK-WinX32-FP0000005.pak and click Next.
The installer usually defaults to the correct fixpack when the product is selected.
8. Review the installation summary and click Next
9. Once the upgrade is complete and you receive the success screen click Relaunch
10. Relaunch the update installer for a third time to upgrade the Plug-ins 7.0.0-WS-PLG-WinX32-FP0000005.pak
11. Select Finish once the Plug-in upgrade completes
12. From the command prompt, navigate to c:\IBM\HTTPServer\Plugins\bin and look for a script file with the name you gave to the HTTP server in the previous step. The syntax of the file will be as follows: configure .bat (ie. configurewebserver1.bat)
13. Copy the bat file to the WAS server location C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\bin
14. From C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\bin run the configurewebserver1.bat file to automatically configure the HTTPServer with the WebSphere Application Deployment Manager (DMGR).
15. Log into the WebSphere Application Server administration console and navigate to Servers > Web servers to verify the webserver1 is configured correctly.
16. Click on webserver1 and continue navigating to Plug-in properties > Request routing and confirm the load balancing option is set to RoundRobin
17. Save the changes.
Previous | Table of Contents | Next