This article explains how to upgrade WebSphere Application Server and IBM HTTP Server so that they work in a Lotus Forms Server - Webform Server 3.0.1 clustered deployment scenario.
1. Install the WebSphere Application Server Update Installer.
2. Copy the update files into the maintenance folder within the Updateinstaller directory.
3. Run the update installer to install the above maintenance packages
4. Select Install maintenance package
5. Navigate to the installation directory of HTTPServer and click Next
6. Navigate to the maintenance folder under the UpdateInstaller directory
7. Select the update 6.1.0-WS-IHS-WinX32-FP0000017.pak and click Next
8. Review the installation summary and click Next
9. Once the upgrade is complete and you receive the success screen click Relaunch
10. Relaunch the update installer selecting to upgrade the WebSphere Application Server
11. Select the path to the AppServer directory
12. Select the checkboxes to install the WAS and WAS SDK upgrades
13. Relaunch the update installer for a third time to upgrade the Plug-ins
14. Select Finish once the Plug-in upgrade completes
15. From the command prompt, navigate to c:\IBM\HTTPServer\Plugins\bin and look for a script file with the name you gave to the HTTP server in the previous step. The syntax of the file will be as follows: configure .bat (ie. configurewebserver1.bat)
16. Copy the bat file to the WAS server location for example. C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\bin
17. Run the configurewebserver1.bat file to automatically configure the HTTPServer with the WebSphere Application Deployment Manager (DMGR).
18. Log into the WebSphere Application Server administration console and navigate to Servers > Web servers to verify the webserver1 is configured correctly.
19. Click on webserver1 and continue navigating to Plug-in properties > Request routing and select RoundRobin
20. Save the changes.
Previous | Table of Contents | Next