The following computers are required to run this system:
- Form design system – A typical
workstation computer that is used to create the blank timesheet forms.
- Application development system
– A typical workstation computer that is used to create the forms application
servlet and Forms Services Platform pipeline.
- Application server – The application
server hosts the forms application. The forms application consists of WebSphere®
Application Server, the Webform Server servlet, the Forms Services Platform
pipeline, and the Lotus® Forms API.
- Translator server – The Translator
server hosts the Webform Server Translator component, which converts the
Log Server and Shared File Cache) are also hosted on this server.
- Data server – A database that
stores the submitted form information. It also acts as the Access Control
database for Webform Server.
Back to: Scenario
1: Departmental timesheet system on intranet