To setup the application development system:
1. Install Rational Applicaiton Developer
For detailed installation instructions, see Installing, configuring, and migrating
in the Rational® Application Developer information center
2. Install the Webform Server sample application portlet
1. Insert the Lotus® Forms Server for Windows® CD.
2. Run the installer LFServer_30x_WebformServer_Win32.exe.
3. Click Next.
4. Select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
5. Click Next to accept the default installation directory.
6. Select only the Sample Portlet and click Next.
7. Click Install.
3. Install the API
1. Insert the Lotus® Forms Server for AIX® CD.
2. Run the installer LFServer_30x_API_AIX.bin.
3. Select a language and click OK.
4. Click Next and read the license agreement.
5. Click I accept the terms in the license agreement then click Next.
6. In the Directory Name field, enter the directory to install the API to then click Next.
7. Select the Runtime installation type then click Next.
8. Select Deploy to WebSphere Application Server or to WebSphere Process Server then click Next.
9. Enter the location you installed WebSphere® Application Server to, and then Next.
10. Click Next to accept the default profile, cell, node, and server information.
11. Click Install.
For more information on installing the API, see Installing the API
in the Lotus Forms information center
4. Develop the Webform Server portlet
Develop a portlet, using the Webform Server sample portlet as a starting point. The portlet does the following:
- Presents the user with a list of forms – When the user accesses the Forms page of the insurance company‘s Web site, the portlet displays a list of blank forms.
For more information on creating a portlet application, see Creating a Portlet
in the Lotus® Forms information center
Back to: Setting up the servers