To set up the Deployment Manager system:
Install and configure WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment
- Install WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment. For detailed installation instructions, see Installing the product and additional software in the WebSphere Application Server information center.
- During installation, the installer will ask you which profile you want to create on this system. Select deployment manager Cell (deployment manager and federated application server).
- Install the latest WebSphere Application Server fix pack. For more information on WebSphere Application Server fix packs, see the Fix list for WebSphere Application Server Version 6.0.2.
- Verify that Deployment Manager is running by issuing the following command:
ps -fea|grep dmgr
The system should respond by displaying the JVM processID that handles the Deployment Manager.
- If the Deployment Manager is not running, issue the following command:
The Deployment Manager must be running when you set up the Translator servers.
Back to: Setting up the servers