To set up the Translator servers:
1. Configure AIX
1. For each translator server, configure AIX to use the very large address-space model.
For more information on AIX‘s very large address-space model, see Large Program Support
in the pSeries® and AIX information center
2. Install WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment
3. Enable secure communications
1. Enable Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)s on both translator servers.
The SSL protocol provides secure communications between a client and the Translator. You can either:
- Enable SSL within WebSphere® Application Server, or
- Configure WebSphere Application Server to work with an external HTTP server that uses SSL.
For detailed instructions, see Configuring Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
in the WebSphere Application Server information center
4. Create a managed node
1. Run the Profile Management Tool. Type /usr/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/bin/ProfileManagement/pmt.sh on the command line to start it.
2. Create a Custom Profile. Type /usr/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/bin/manageprofiles.sh -create -templatePath /usr/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profileTemplates/default -profileName cslpar2Node1
3. Go to the bin of the profile you just created. Type /usr/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/cslpar2Node1/bin
and federate the profile specifying the server that is running Deployment Manager. For example, if cslpar1 is running the Deployment Manager process and cslpar2 is the node that you just created, then run the following command:
5. Install the Webform Server Translator
- Reboot the server immediately before installing Webform Server.
- Copy the db2jcc.jar DB2® driver from the data server to the Translator server.
- Insert the Lotus® Forms Server for Windows® CD.
- Run the installer LFServer_30x_WebformServer_Win32.exe.
- Click Next.
- Click I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
- Click Next to accept the default installation directory.
- Select only Translator,make sure none of the other options are selected, and click Next.
- Select Managed Node installation and click Next.
- Select Deploy to WebSphere Application Server and click Next. Make sure Deploy Sample Servlet is not selected.
- Select DB2 and enter the database information:
Enter the install location for WebSphere® Application Server on the Translator server and click Next.
Enter the Translator deployment details:
- Database name
- Host IP and port
- Username and password
- Location of the db2jcc.jar DB2 driver on the Translator server
- Profile – Ensure that the profile name is correct for your WebSphere Application Server configuration on the Translator server.
- Cell – Ensure that the cell name is correct for your WebSphere Application Server configuration on the Translator server.
- Node – Ensure that the node name is correct for your WebSphere Application Server configuration on the Translator server.
- Server Name – Enter the name that you want to use for the Translator server (for example, TranslatorServer).
- Application Name – Enter the name that you want to use for the Translator application (for example, TranslatorApp).
For more information on installing Lotus Forms Server - Webform Server, see Installing Webform Server
in the Lotus Forms information center
6. Configure the Translator
1. For each Translator server, open the translator.properties file in a text editor.
2. Set the fileCacheLocation to the path to the Shared File Cache.
3. Set the fcCacheSize to 75. This represents the maximum number of simultaneous users that each Translator instance can host at maximum performance.
4. Set logServerHostname to the host running the Log Server.
5. Use the default settings for all other properties.
6. Save the file.
For more information on configuring the Translator, see Translator Properties
in the Lotus® Forms information center
7. Create the Translator cluster
1. On the Deployment Manager system, login to the Deployment Manager console.
2. Click System Administration > Nodes and verify that the application nodes are visible.
3. Click Servers > Clusters.
4. Click Add and define the cluster name (for example, Translator_Cluster).
5. Define a new cluster member for the managed node you setup on the first Translator server.
6. Define a second cluster member for the managed node you setup on the first Translator server.
7. Define a third cluster member for the managed node you setup on the second Translator server.
8. Define a fourth cluster member for the managed node you setup on the second Translator server.
9. Click Finish and save your changes.
8. Associate the applications to the cluster
1. On the Deployment Manager system, within WebSphere® Application Server click Enterprise Applications > TranslatorApp > Manage Modules.
2. Select the check box for module IBM_Webform_Server_Translator_18.104.22.168.
3. Select the cluster and servers you want to associate with the application. For example, Translator_Cluster, Translator_Cluster_Server_1 and Translator_Cluster_Server_2.
4. Click OK and save your changes.
Back to: Setting up the servers