You can deploy the API to WebSphere
® Application Server in one of two ways: automatically during installation, or manually after installation.
Do not manually configure WebSphere
Application Server if you chose to automatically deploy the API. You only need to manually configure WebSphere
Application Server under one or more of these conditions:
- you did not choose to automatically deploy the API during installation of the API
- you are deploying the API in a managed node environment
- If you are deploying the API in a managed node environment, you must run the installer on each machine that hosts one or more managed nodes, and then manually configure WebSphere Application Server. Do not automatically deploy the API during installation if you are using managed nodes.
- If you are using AIX®, Linux™, or Solaris, you must also set the javaPath parameter in the prefs.config file. The javaPath must point to the same JVM that WebSphere Application Server uses.
- Make sure that you configure the API before deploying the API to WebSphere Application Server. Specifically, make sure that a PureEdgeAPI.ini file exists.
Several steps are required to manually deploy the API to WebSphere
Parent topic: Configuring
Configuring the API on Windows
Configuring the API on AIX, Linux, and Solaris
Configuration settings in prefs.config on AIX, Linux, and Solaris