To use the Java™ API you must:
Note: You cannot configure your system to use both the Classic and Streaming Java APIs. You must choose only one.
- Configure your integrated development environment to use the API.
- Configure your computer to run applications that use the API.
To configure your integrated development environment to use the Java API:
Add the following files to your CLASSPATH:
Note: You cannot add both Classic and Streaming Java API files to your classpath. If you do, you will receive errors and your application will not work.
To configure your computer to run applications that use the API:
- From the Start menu, select Settings -> Control Panel -> System.
- On the System Properties sheet, click the Advanced tab.
- Click Environment Variables.
- Under System Variables, select the CLASSPATH variable and click Edit.
In the Variable Value field, enter the location of the following components:
- If the CLASSPATH variable does not exist in your list of environment settings, you must create it: click New and type CLASSPATH in the Variable Name field.
- current directory (represented by a period)