You must be logged in as a user belonging to the Administrators
group when running the installer.
This procedure assumes that you will be using the graphical mode to install the API. The console procedure is almost identical except that you use the keyboard instead of the mouse to enter data and to navigate through the screens. To run the installer in console mode, at Step 2 open a terminal window and change to the temporary directory. Then, start the installer with the command line parameter -i console
To install the API in graphical mode:
- Extract the .zip file to a convenient location on your server. It is best to create a new folder for the extracted files and folders.
- Double click the installer.
- On 32-bit systems: FormsServer_810_win32.exe
- On 64-bit systems: FormsServer_810_WinX64.exe
The installer begins initializing, and a few seconds later the installer window opens.
Select a language and click OK.
Click Next and read the license agreement.
Click I accept the terms in the license agreement then click Next. The installer configures the IBM® Autonomic Deployment Engine. If the Autonomic Deployment Engine is not on your system, the installer installs it for you. When configuration is complete, the Select Installation Directory panel opens.
Enter or select a location for the API then click Next.
The Select Server Components panel opens.
Select Forms Application Components then click Next.
The Optional Deployment Settings panel opens.
If you want the installer to deploy the API component to an existing WebSphere® Application Server, WebSphere Process Server, or Portal Server:
- Select Deploy Forms API then click Next.
The API Deployment panel opens.
- Enter the location of the WebSphere Application Server then click Next.
The WebSphere Application Server Settings panel opens, and the installer populates the profile, cell, node, and server information fields.
- Select the profile that you want to use, and make sure that the cell, node, and server information is correct.
Note: Do not select the Deployment Manager profile. Select an application server profile. For example, AppSrv01.
- Enter the User Name and Password information, then click Next.
After the installer verifies the WebSphere Application Server information, the Pre-Installation Summary panel opens.
Note: If you are not sure about this option, or you do not have the information available, do not select it. You can run the installer again at a later time.
After the API is installed, you must configure it for use.
Parent topic: Installing IBM Forms API
Configuring the API on Windows