firstAdded by IBM on October 10, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|Identifies the first item in a repeat, group, or switch. This is the item that first receives the focus when the user tabs into a group, a particular case in a switch, or a new row in a repeat.
This option affects the tab order in the following ways:
- When the user tabs forward into a table or pane, the focus goes to this item first. In the case of a table, the focus goes to this item in the first row.
- When the user tabs forward from the end of a row, the focus goes to this item in the next row (if there is one), or to the item stipulated by the table's next option.
- When the user tabs backward from this item, the focus goes to the preceding row, or to the item that precedes the table or pane.
Table 1. options first parameters
|item reference||string||An XFDL reference to the first item in a row of a table or the first item in a pane.|
Example The following example shows a table in which the first option contains a reference to the second item in the table row. In this case, when the user first tabs into the table, the focus skips the first cell in the table and goes to the second cell (product popup).
<xforms:select1 appearance="minimal" ref="product">
- Default: if no first item is specified, the first item in the <xforms:repeat> or <xforms:group> element, or the first item in the selected case of the <xforms:switch> element is used.
- When a pane contains an xforms:switch, this option is not effective unless all cases contain an element with the same sid that is identified as first.