signitemrefsAdded by IBM on October 10, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|Specifies individual items that are filtered for a particular signature. Tags: signitemrefs option, options, signatures, item references, filtering, references, button
item, signature item, XFDL, 8.0, spec
Filtering an item reference means keeping or omitting specific items, rather than all items of a particular type (see signitems).
Note: There may be any number of item reference entries.
Table 1. signitemrefs parameters
|item filter||keep||include items in the item reference list with the signature; omit those not in the list|
|omit||omit items in the item reference list from the signature; include those not in the list|
|item reference||string||specifies the item to be filtered|
Available in button, signature
Example This sample sets the signitemrefs option to omit two fields from the signature:
- Default: omit nothing (keep all items), unless the containing page is omitted.
- Since all items have a name and type, signitemrefs filters are always applicable.
- When not signing the entire form, it is strongly recommended that an omit signitemrefs filter be used to exclude unwanted items, and that a keep signoptionrefs filter should be used to cover the layout of omitted items. See the Usage details for the signoptionrefs option for details.
- If this filter is used with the keep setting, then it is easy to add or delete items that would obscure or unobscure signed items without breaking a signature. The keep setting is useful as an optimization when you want to create a co-signature (i.e., a signature which signs another signature that uses omission logic).
- Other filters may take precedence over the signitemrefs option. Refer to Order of precedence of filters for more information on the order of precedence of filters.