You can install IBM
® Forms Server – Forms Services Platform on AIX
® using the IBM
Forms Server installer in graphical mode or in console mode. To use the graphical installer, you must have X-Windows.
You must be logged in as root
user when running the installer.
This procedure assumes that you will be using the graphical mode to install Forms Services Platform. You can also install Forms Services Platform in console mode. The console mode install procedure is almost identical to the graphical mode install except that you use the keyboard instead of the mouse to enter data and to navigate through the screens. To start the installer in console mode, enter ./LFServer_351_AIX.bin -i console
To install the Forms Services Platform on AIX
using the graphical mode:
Parent topic: Installing the Forms Services Platform
- Run FormsServer_xxx_AIX.bin.
- Select the installation language and then click OK and then click Next.
- Specify the IBM Forms Server install directory location and then click Next.
- The default install location for AIX /opt/IBM/FormsServer/x.x.
- The install path must be a directory where the user installing needs permission to read and write to it.
- Click Forms Application Components and then click Next.
- By default, Deploy Forms API is checked. You can skip this step and manually deploy the IBM Forms Server after you install the Forms Services Platform.
- If you cleared Deploy Forms API, skip to step 9.
- Enter the WebSphere® Application Server or WebSphere Process Server server location and then click Next.
- Enter the WebSphere Application Server or WebSphere Process Server server details and then click Next.
- Review the installation summary and then click Install.