Deploying the Forms Services Platform in Websphere Application ServerAdded by IBM on May 2, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|To run the IBM® Forms Server – Forms Services Platform in WebSphere® Application Server as a deployed servlet, you must deploy it in WebSphere Application Server.
To run the IBM
® Forms Server – Forms Services Platform in WebSphere
® Application Server as a deployed servlet, you must deploy it in WebSphere
To deploy the Forms Services Platform in WebSphere
- Version 7.x:
- In the WebSphere Application Server Integrated Solutions Console, expand Applications and then click New Application.
- In the New Application group box, click New Enterprise Application.
- In the Path to the new application group box, click either Local or Remote file system, and then click Browse.
- Browse to <Install directory>\ServicesPlatform\redist\WAS\ and select the Forms Services Platform application (wfsp.-4.xxx.ear), and then click Next.
- Click Detailed - Show all installation options and parameters and then click Next until Step 9 - Map security roles for users or groups.
- Click AllRole, click the Map Special Subjects drop down button and click All Authenticated in Application's Realm.
- Click Next.
- Review the summary and then click Finish.
- Version 6.x:
- In the WebSphere Application Server Administration Console, under Applications, click the Install New Application link.
- In the Path to the new application group box, click Browse and then browse to <Install directory>\ServicesPlatform\redist\WAS\.
- Select the Forms Services Platform application (wfsp.-4.xxx.ear).
- For WebSphere Application Server version 6.1 only: In the How do you want to install the application? group box, click Show me all installation options and parameters.
- Accept the WebSphere Application Server application installer defaults by clicking Next until the Map modules to servers window is displayed.
- In the Map security roles to users/groups window, make sure All authenticated? is selected.
- Click Next to accept the WebSphere Application Server application installer defaults until the application is installed.
If you are going to rely on the Forms Services Platform's Form for reading and writing forms, make sure that you configured WebSphere
Application Server to use the Forms API.
Parent topic: Deploying the Forms Services Platform