Apache Ant is a commonly used Java
™ build tool. For more information about Ant, see http://ant.apache.org
. To use Apache Ant to bundle your pipe files, you must create a build.xml file to point to the location of your extensions directory. This task does not demonstrate how to write a build.xml file, however, you can go to IBM
® Forms wiki to obtain a sample build.xml file.
To use Apache Ant to bundle your pipe files:
Parent topic: Creating pipes
Previous topic: Bundling pipe files
- On the IBM Forms Wiki, search for Forms Services Platform samples.
- Copy the sample build.xml to the root of your application.
- Modify any appropriate properties.
- Save and close the build.xml file.
- Ensure that Ant is on the path.
- In a command prompt, change directories until you are in the folder containing the build.xml file.
- Type ant and press Enter.
Ant compiles your files and packages them into a JAR file.
- Use 'ant deploy' to copy the files to the extensions directory.