After you add a web service to a form, you can optionally add an action that will fire when the web service is called successfully. You can also add a custom message when the web service call fails.
After a web service finishes, you can add one the following actions:
- Go to a page – Specify a form page to display
- Focus on item – Specify an item in which the cursor will have focus
- Replace form with response – Replaces the form with the response form the web service
- Display message – Displays a customized message
- Validate input based on web service response – Validates a web service output value.
To add an action to a web service after it successfully finishes:
Parent topic: Working with web services
- In the Outline view, click Web Services.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Web Services drawer and click After Done.
A pencil icon appears.
- Click the pencil icon.
Configure Successful Web Service Response appears.
- Click the drop down and choose the action that you want to add.
- Define the action then click OK.
- Save and test your form to ensure the action works properly.