You can add attributes to elements in the XForms model.
You cannot add attributes to elements that are in the generated instance or in instances that were created from schemas or WSDL messages.
To add an attribute to an element:
Parent topic: Setting up data models
- If you do not already have the Advanced IBM Forms Designer perspective open, click Window -> Open Perspective -> Advanced IBM Forms Designer.
- In the Instance view, right-click an element and click Add Attribute. Designer adds an attribute with an empty string to the element and then updates the Instance view.
Note: If Add Attribute is not on the menu, then you cannot add an attribute to the element in this type of instance.
- Optional: Change the name of the attribute.
- In the Instance view, double-click the attribute.
- Type in the new name and press Enter.