Headers and footers are used to add information such as print date/time to forms. The headers and footers are only visible when the form is printed. Setting headers and footers is done in the Properties view of the Advanced IBM
® Forms Designer perspective.
To open the Advanced IBM
Forms Designer perspective, go to Window
-> Open Perspective
-> Advanced IBM Forms Designer
The example below shows how to set a action so the left header displays the print date.
- Click on the form to ensure no form item has focus.
- In the Properties view, expand Appearance -> printsettings -> header.
- Select left.
The field is highlighted and the cursor is moved to the Value column.
- Click the Function button located at the top of the window, to the right of the Properties tab.
Once the Function button is selected, a action line is added below the left header.
- Click action under the left header and click the function button located in the Value column.
The Action Editor opens.
- Click the Function menu in the Action Editor.
- Expand the viewer menu, select viewer.printDate from the list of options, and click OK.
viewer.printDate() appears in the Action Editor window.
- Click OK to apply the action and close the Action Editor.
The action is not visible when viewing the form, but the print date appears on the upper left when the form is printed.
Parent topic: Action Editor