Aligning fieldsAdded by IBM on November 28, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|In the next steps you will align all the labels and then all the fields using an align toolbar tool.
In the next steps you will align all the labels and then all the fields using an align toolbar tool.
Parent topic: Tutorial: Creating a simple form
- Click the Title: label, press the shift key on your keyboard, and click on the Section A: Client Information label.
Both labels are selected.
- In the toolbar, click the Left align button.
label will align under the Section A: Client Information
- Click the Phone number: label, press the shift key on your keyboard, and click the Email address:, Last name:, Middle initial:, First name:, and Title: labels.
All labels are selected.
- In the toolbar, click Left align button.
All labels will align under the Title: label.
- Position the first field so it is aligned to the right of the Title: label. Blue guide lines appear when the field is aligned. Repeat steps 3 through 4 to align the fields under the field for Title:.
Note: When using the alignment buttons, the last item selected in the design canvas becomes the focal point to which the others will align. Notice that last item selected is surrounded by black squares at the corners while the other items have white squares. When you align items, they will all align to the item with the black squares. To align the fields to the Title: field, start your selection with the Telephone number: field and end with the Title: field.
- If necessary, nudge the fields horizontally so they do not overlap the labels.
Note: The following three steps are optional:
- Click File -> Save.
- Click the Viewer tab to preview your form.
- Click the Design tab to return to designing your form.