Changing the visibility of itemsAdded by IBM on November 28, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|The position of items on the form can be precisely controlled and is often affected by the position of other items. Setting the visibility of an item can be done by either setting the visible or display properties. Tags: visibility, defining, preferences, invisible, Appearance
properties, formatting, layout, XForms, planning, display on/off, Appearance properties, Designer, 184.108.40.206, designing
The position of items on the form can be precisely controlled and is often affected by the position of other items. Setting the visibility of an item can be done by either setting the visible
- If the property option visible is set off, the item is not visible when the form is viewed in the IBM® Forms Viewer but still takes up room on the form. A blank space is left on the form where it was positioned.
- If an item has the option display set to off, the item is not visible in the Viewer and does not take up room on the form if another relative aligned item is in the build order. As a result, the next relative aligned item in the build older is positioned in it's place and space is saved on the form. This option is useful for creating collapsing sections in a form
The default settings in the Preferences window for Visible
Changing an item's visibility is done in the Advanced Designer perspective.
To change the visibility of an item in a form:
Parent topic: Setting preferences
- Select an item or items on your form.
- In the Properties view, expand the Appearance tab and click on visible or display.
- Change the setting from on to off.
The items appear on the page in the Design tab. When you go to either the Viewer or Webform Server, the items are not displayed.