Creating XForms submit buttonsAdded by IBM on November 28, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|XForms submit buttons cause the XForms instance to be submitted.
XForms submit buttons cause the XForms instance to be submitted.
A submission for the instance that you want to submit should already exist before you create a button for it. You will need the id of the submission in Step 6 of this procedure.
To create an XForms submit button:
Parent topic: Creating XForms Submissions
Previous topic: Setting properties of XForms submissions
- If you do not have the Advanced IBM Forms Designer perspective open, click Window -> Open Perspective -> Advanced IBM Forms Designer.
- In the Palette, expand Advanced Library. If you do not see Button (Submit), click the twistie beside Button (Trigger).
- In the Palette, click Button (Submit) and drag it onto the form.
The Properties window opens.
- Make any changes that you want, then click OK.
- In the Properties view, expand XForms (submit).
- Set the value of the submission option to the id of the XForms submission that the button will activate. You can select the id from the list, or type it in.
- Make any other changes as required for your application, then save the form.