Mapping web services data to existing form UI itemsAdded by IBM on November 28, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Once a web service call is added to your form, you can map specific web service data to existing form User Interface (UI ) items.
Once a web service call is added to your form, you can map specific web service data to existing form User Interface (UI ) items.
To map web service data to existing form UI items:
Parent topic: Working with web services
- In the Outline view, click Web Services to expand the Web Services drawer.
This displays all web services currently on the form and their data.
- Select the web service data item and drag it onto the form UI item.
When you drop the web service data onto the form UI item, the Designer automatically maps the web service item to the form UI item.
- Map the remaining web service data items of interest.
- You will not be allowed to map certain web service data items onto form UI items if the schema types do not match. For example, a repeating web service data item would not be allowed to drop onto a field.
- Remember to map the trigger; without it, the web service cannot be called.
- Save and test your form to ensure the web service works properly.