Saving form as HTMLAdded by IBM on November 28, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can set your form to save as HTML once the user submits it. This involves creating a submission button and setting its properties in the Advanced Designer Perspective.
You can set your form to save as HTML once the user submits it. This involves creating a submission button and setting its properties in the Advanced Designer Perspective.
If you are currently in the Designer perspective, switch to the Advanced Designer perspective by going to: Window
-> Open Perspective
-> IBMIBM® Forms Advanced
To create a Submit button and have the form save as HTML when the user submits it:
Parent topic: Compressing forms when submitted
- From the Palette, click Submit Form and drop the button on the form.
The Properties window opens.
- Set the button properties and click OK to save changes and close the Properties window.
Now that the Submit Form button is on your form, set it to save as HTML when the user clicks it.
- If the Advanced Properties are not already on, turn them on by clicking the down arrow in the Properties view. in the Properties view.
- Click Show Advanced Properties.
- Expand Transmit.
- In the transmitformat value field, type in the following:application/x-www-form-urlencoded.
The code for saving the form as HTML may already be in the transmitformat field. If it is, select it from the list rather than manually inserting it.
The form will be saved in HTML format when the user clicks the Submit button.