This section shows the various options available for controlling how the
Users can change the preferences by choosing Windows
. In the left column, expand IBM
® Forms Designer.
The following preferences are available:
Editing source code using content assist
Content assistParent topic: Customizing the Designer interface
displays a list of source code tags that are valid at that particular point in your code.
Filtering what is displayed in the Source panel
To improve the readability of code and improve the load performance of large forms, you can use Page filtering to limit how much information is displayed in the Source
panel at one time.
Changing the visibility of items
The position of items on the form can be precisely controlled and is often affected by the position of other items. Setting the visibility of an item can be done by either setting the visible
IBM Forms Designer
Click the buttons to change colors for the following items:
- Item under mouse in Design panel
- Possible parent item during drag and drop from Palette
- Grid lines or dots in Design panel
- Presentation items with data model references
- Public data
- Computed options in Properties view
- Warnings in Properties view
- Errors in Properties view
- Current source scope in Compute Editor
- Signed items (used in the Signature Editor)
- Unsigned items (used in the Signature Editor)
- Show Columns
- Ref (Number of reference in presentation layer)
- Public (Public data)
- Create Instance from Schema
- Which enumerations do you want generated in the instance data?
- Object Library
- Locale Filter
- Properties Window
- When creating new form items, launch the Properties Window for the item types selected below — The Properties window will open for all checked items when the item is selected from the Palette and dropped onto the form.
Form conversion and transformation profiles
Manage form conversion profiles — There are three default profiles. You can add a new profile or duplicate and edit an default profile. These profiles allow you to convert forms in other formats to IBM
format for use in the Designer.
- Add, remove or edit constraints for text or date items.
- Date patterns
- Text patterns
Set the folder where FormParts are stored. You can set the FormParts to always update across forms when changes are made.
New Form Templates
- Single Page Filter — See Filtering what is displayed in the Source panel
Display a single page of XFDL at a time. This is useful when editing large forms with many pages.
- Display a single XFDL page at a time
- Minimum number of pages in form before filter is applied
- Binary Data Filter
Mimedata information contains binary data for images, jars and other binary objects.
- Show mimedata information
Set spell check options for your forms.
- Ignore words with digits
- Ignore upper case words
- Enable instant spell checking
Webform Server Panel
- Enter the URL of the server hosting Webform Server — To use Webform Server to preview and test forms, you must enter the URL of the server where Webform Server is installed.
XFDL computes - Quick Start Templates
The XFDL Compute Editor has a number of pre-made computes you can use to set your compute. These are located under the Quick Start
button in the Compute Editor.
XPath Editor - Quick Start Templates
The XPath Editor has one pre-made compute you can use. If you have additional XPath templates, add them here and they will be made available in the Quick Start
button in the XPath Editor.