Adding the main titleAdded by IBM on May 2, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|In this exercise, you will add the main title to the top of the form.
In this exercise, you will add the main title to the top of the form.
Once created, the main title will look like this:
Parent topic: Adding titles
- In the Palette, click Text Label.
- Click at the top of the canvas to insert the label on the form.
The Properties window opens. Focus is in the Text field, which reads LABEL1.
- Type Travel Authorization Form into the Text field.
The size of the label on the design canvas automatically adjusts to the amount of text inserted.
- Set the Text Alignment to Center.
- Click the T (Change Font) button to change the font Size to 16 and the Font style to Bold.
- Click OK.
- Click the A (Change Color) button to change the Font Color to white.
- Click OK.
- Change the Background Color to blue and then click OK.
- Click OK to apply the changes you've made and close the Properties window.
The field text is displayed in 16 font size, bold, and white with a blue background. If you need to change font color, size, text alignment, or background color, you can either double-click on the label to open the Properties window again, or you can use the toolbar located above the design canvas.
- Resize the label to expand to the width of the page.
- Place your cursor on a side of the label. The cursor icon changes from one way arrow to a two way arrow.
- Click and drag edges.
Note: Page lines are displayed within the canvas to indicate the edge of the page.
- Save your form often so that your work is not accidentally lost. To save the form, click File -> Save.
- Click the Viewer tab to preview your work.
Confirm that the layout is correct.
- Click the Design tab to return to designing your form.