Advanced Designer properties featuresAdded by IBM on May 2, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|The topics in this section describe options when using the Advanced Designer perspective.
The topics in this section describe options when using the Advanced Designer perspective.
The Advanced Designer perspective is available for users with advanced form design experience and shows additional tabs and features. These tabs and features include:
Parent topic: Adding and modifying items
- Advanced Palette — contains additional items for form design.
- Enclosures view — allows you enclose file resources, such as JAR files and schemas, within your form.
- Instance view — allows you to define the XML template for the data that will be collected from the form.
- Navigator tab — allows you to navigate between forms in your workspace. If you choose to change to a different form, it opens in a new tab.
- Properties tab — allows you to manually modify properties of individual items. The Properties tab provides you with more options than the Properties window that opens when you drop an item into the form, but some items require you to have XFDL coding knowledge.
- Problems tab — displays errors and warning messages to help you build a form that runs correctly. The Problems view is activated by an icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Source view — allows you to view the XFDL source code for your form. If you have coding experience, you can write your form in the Source view rather than using the Design view.
- XForms view — allows you to add XForms support and manage XForms data models.
- XML Model view — allows you to create and manage XML models.
- XML Model Instance view — lists the XML data instances in your form.