Automatically formatting inputAdded by IBM on May 2, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can set up fields to reformat data that is entered into them. This helps you to ensure consistency in the data that is submitted for processing.
You can set up fields to reformat data that is entered into them. This helps you to ensure consistency in the data that is submitted for processing.
For example, you can set up a date field to convert all dates to numeric format before the form is submitted, regardless of the format in which the user originally entered them. Or you can set up a label to convert all dates to long format before the form is displayed, regardless of how the information appears in a database.
To reformat input:
Parent topic: Controlling and formatting data
Specifying the type of data to accept
Specifying constraints on input
Presentation settings FD 8
- If you do not already have the Advanced IBM Forms Designer perspective open, click Window -> Open Perspective -> Advanced IBM Forms Designer.
- Select the item.
- In the Properties view, expand Format, and format.
- Click within the datatype value field.
- Set datatype to the type of data the field will accept.
Depending on the type of data that you set the input item to accept, the Designer will let you choose different formatting presentation options.
- Set the presentation properties to apply.