You can create your own custom library containing commonly used items to drag and drop onto your canvas. These items or group of items are saved as objects and can then be reused in any forms you are developing.
This is useful if you use an item or group of items often and you want to maintain design standards in another form.
- Right-click in the Palette, and click Preferences to open the Preferences window.
- If the Preferences window does not open to the Palette view, go to Design Panel -> Palette View.
- In the Object Library window click New to specify the list of folders where the Designer can find object libraries.
- Browse to the directory of object items you want to use.
Multiple directories can be used from your local drive and shared network computers.
- Click OK.
Click OK to close the Preference window.
- If you want to change the order of the object libraries displayed in the palette, click Up and Down.
- If you want to remove a directory of object libraries listed in the palette, select the directory and then click Remove.
- If you want to restore directories of your object items listed in the palette, click Restore Defaults.
Each custom library object has an associated XFDL version number. When creating a custom library object, the object has the same XFDL version number as the form it was created from. For example, when an XFDL 7.7 form is open, the Palette lists XFDL 7.7, 7.6, 7.5, and 7.1 objects. When an XFDL 7.0 form is open, the Palette lists only XFDL 7.0 objects.
Parent topic: Customizing the Palette