Once a web service is added to a form, you must set a trigger to call the web service.
If you did not choose to have the Forms Designer create form User Interface (UI) items and map the web service data items to the form UI items, you will must add a trigger form item to the form. When the form user uses this item, it will call the web service.
To trigger a web service call:
- In the Outline view, click Web Services.
This displays all web services currently on the form and their data.
- Expand the web service.
- Click Triggers.
- Add the trigger data item to the form by choosing one of the following:
Save and test your form to ensure the web service works properly.
- To have the form user call the web service by clicking a button: Click and drag the trigger data item onto the canvas.
- To call the web service when a form user changes the value of a form UI item: Click and drag the trigger data item to an existing form UI item that has an xforms-value-changed event.
- To call the web service when the form loads: Right-click the trigger data item and click Add trigger to call the web service when form loads.
- To call a subsequent web service from a web service: Right-click the web service that you want to call, and click Add trigger for this web service when the following one finishes -> the web service name.
Parent topic: Working with web services
xformsvaluechanged FD 8