Adding a submit buttonAdded by IBM on January 17, 2014 | Version 1 (Original)
|Once the user fills in the form, they need to submit it. You will add a Submit button so the user can submit the form. Once the user presses the Submit button, the form is submitted to the specified email address. The form will remain open to the user after the submit button is pressed.
Parent topic: Tutorial: Creating a simple form
- In the Palette, click Submit Form.
- Click the canvas to insert a button.
- Enter a URL address in the Submit form to this URL area.
To test the submission button of your form, enter mailto:your_email_address. For example, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click the T button to change the font size to 12 and the Font style to Bold.
- Click the A button to change the font color to white.
- Change the Background Color to blue.
- Click OK to save changes and close the Properties window.
The field text is displayed in 12 font size, bold, and white with a blue background.
- Click File -> Save.
- Click Viewer tab to preview your work.
- Test the form by entering information in the fields.
Remember that the Estimated cost field is mandatory and the form will not submit unless there is a value in that field.
- Complete the form and click Submit.
The form will close once submitted. An email message with the completed form attached will appear in your inbox.