Note: You cannot add attributes to elements that are in the generated instance or in instances that were created from schemas or WSDL messages.
To add an attribute to an element:
Parent topic: Setting up data models
- If you do not already have the Advanced IBM Forms Designer perspective open, click Window -> Open Perspective -> Advanced IBM Forms Designer.
- In the Instance view, right-click an element and click Add Attribute. Designer adds an attribute with an empty string to the element and then updates the Instance view.
Note: If Add Attribute is not on the menu, then you cannot add an attribute to the element in this type of instance.
- Optional: Change the name of the attribute.
- In the Instance view, double-click the attribute.
- Type in the new name and press Enter.