Note: You cannot add elements to the generated instance or to instances that were created from schemas or from WSDL messages.
To add an element to an instance:
- If you do not already have the Advanced IBM Forms Designer perspective open, click Window -> Open Perspective -> Advanced IBM Forms Designer.
- In the Instance view, right-click an element and click one of:
- Add Element — to add a child of the selected element
- Insert Element Before — to add a sibling of the selected element
Designer adds the element to the XForms model and updates the Instance view.
Optional: Change the name of the element.
Note: If Add Element or Insert Element Before are not on the menu, then you cannot add an element to this type of instance.
Parent topic: Setting up data models
- In the Instance view, double-click the element.
- Type in the new name and press Enter.