Adding the main titleAdded by IBM on January 17, 2014 | Version 1 (Original)
|In this exercise, you will add the main title to the form.
Once created, the main title will look like this:
Parent topic: Adding titles
- In the Palette, click Text Label.
- Click the canvas to insert the label on the form.
The Properties window opens. Focus is in the Text field, which reads LABEL1.
- Type Travel Authorization Form into the Text field.
The size of the label on the design canvas automatically adjusts to the amount of text inserted.
- Set the Text Alignment to Center.
- Click the T (Change Font) button to change the font Size to 16 and the Font style to Bold.
- Click OK.
- Click the A (Change Color) button to change the Font Color to white.
- Click OK.
- Change the Background Color to blue and then click OK.
- Click OK to apply the changes you've made and close the Properties window.
The field text is displayed in 16 font size, bold, and white with a blue background. If you need to change font color, size, text alignment, or background color, you can either double-click on the label to open the Properties window again, or you can use the toolbar.
- Resize the label to expand to the width of the page.
- Place your cursor on a side of the label. The cursor icon changes from one way arrow to a two way arrow.
- Click and drag edges.
Note: Page lines are displayed within the canvas to indicate the edge of the page.
- Save your form often so that your work is not accidentally lost. To save the form, click File -> Save.
- Click the Viewer tab to preview your work.
Confirm that the layout is correct.
- Click the Design tab to return to designing your form.