Note: You cannot add values to elements that are in instances that were created from schemas or WSDL messages.
To add a value to an element:
Parent topic: Setting up data models
- If you do not already have the Advanced IBM Forms Designer perspective open, click Window -> Open Perspective -> Advanced IBM Forms Designer.
- In the Instance view, right-click the element and click Add Text. Designer adds the word "text" to the instance and updates the Instance view.
Note: If Add Text is not on the menu, then you cannot add a value to this element.
- Optional: Change the value of the element.
- In the Instance view, double-click the value.
- Type in the new value and press Enter.