Adding web servicesAdded by IBM on January 17, 2014 | Version 1 (Original)
|Add web services to a form with the Web Service icon on the Palette. When you add a web service to a form, you can choose to have the IBM® Forms Designer create form User Interface (UI) items for each web service data item.
To add a web service to a form:
- Click Web Service from the Palette, then click on the canvas.
The Web Service Wizard opens.
- Select the Web Services Definition Language (WSDL) file by using one of the following methods:
Select the Service, Port, and Operation for the web service.
- Enter the path of a WSDL file. Click Browse, navigate to and select the web service file on your computer, then click Open.
- Enter the URL of a WSDL document.
Once you select the Service, options appear in the Port column. Once a Port is selected, options appear in the Operation column.
You can click Automatically create and map form UI elements to the web service items.
By selecting this option, for each web service item in the operation the Designer does the following:
- Creates a corresponding form UI item on the canvas
- Maps each form UI item to a web service input or output item
- Creates a trigger form UI item to call the web service
If you do not select this option, you can manually add or map form UI items to the web service items.
A connection to the web service is added to the form; it appears in the Web Services
drawer listed in the Outline view. As well, the Designer adds web service input and output instances, and a submission instance; these are displayed in the XForms view.
Parent topic: Working with web services