Using background images as templatesAdded by IBM on January 17, 2014 | Version 1 (Original)
|If you have a paper form and are recreating it in the Designer, you can scan the form and use the scanned image as a background or template in the Designer. Use this background image to guide you in replicating the form. Adding background images is done using the Advanced Designer Perspective.
To add a background image to a form:
Parent topic: Templates
- Scan a form and save it in one of the supported formats: JPEG, PNG, BMP, or GIF.
- In the Outline view, expand the page you want to add a background image to and select Page Global.
- In the Properties view, expand Appearance.
- Click within the backgroundimage value field.
- Type the path and filename for the image (for example, c:\MyFile\MyImages\MyScannedForm1.bmp) and press Enter.
- Click within the backgroundimagealpha value field.
- Type a value between 1 and 255 to set the transparency of the background image.
One (1) represents the lightest image background, and 255 the darkest.
Note: The background image is only visible in the Designer; it is not visible in the Viewer and will not print.