The Media item supports .avi, .mpeg, .mpg, .wmv., .wma., .mov, .mp3, .mp4, and .swf file types. When using the Media item in an IBM
® Forms Experience Builder application, it is important to use a media type that will render properly in the supported browsers you expect your users to use. The ability render a specific media type is dependent on how the end user has their browser configured, and which plug ins they have installed.
Ensure you have proper spacing between Media
form items and other form items that require pop ups, such as Calendar
. If these types of form items are too close together, the Media
item will block the pop ups of the other form items.
Parent topic: Adding specialized form items
- In the Palette, click Specialized.
The list of specialized form items expands.
- Select Media and drop it onto the form.
- Click the Edit Properties icon to configure the media file.
The Edit Properties window opens so you can configure the media file.
- Click Add file to upload a file, or point to a URL that hosts the file.
Or you can select previously uploaded media from the Media
drop down menu.
- To set a media item to display on an iPad, click Use a file on the internet.
- Set the URL for the file, then select Maintain a link to the file only, and click OK.
- Configure the viewing options by adjusting the Show Control, Auto Start, and Loop radio buttons. Adjust the height and width of the view with the fields provided.
- Click OK to save your changes and close the Properties window.