After you establish roles for the users in your organization, you can start assigning users to those roles by adding them individually, or in groups using the Access
tab in IBM
® Forms Experience Builder. For example, you can assign users or groups as defined in your LDAP to Roles
. You can use the search to find users and groups within your company directory, or database. There are several predefined groups from which to choose:
All Authenticated Users
Any user who is authenticated with your organization.Anonymous Users
Any user who you want to work anonymously with the application.Invited Users
Users who receive a unique URL generated from within stages when an application changes from one stage to another. A user who is not normally given access to the form in that stage can use that URL to participate in the workflow in that instance.Instance Creator
The user who submitted a form.
To add users from predefined groups:
- In the Access tab, go to the navigation tree and click the role you want to assign under Assign Users.
The Assign Users window opens.
- Add new users or groups, or select from a predefined group:
- To create new users or groups, enter the name of an individual user or group. Select it, then click the plus sign.
Note: There is a limit to the length of a single user name, or ID. The limit varies by language and character set. For example, the English limit is 256 characters. If you exceed the character limit, you are shown an error message when you attempt to save the form.
- To use an existing group, select the group and click the plus sign.
The Role Members window shows the members assigned to the role.
You can remove members from a role, or run a test to see whether Forms Experience Builder can find the member.
Parent topic: Application and access security overview
- To remove a member from a group, click the X beside the name of the member.
- To test if Forms Experience Builder can find a group member, click Validate.