Echoing text with a Text itemAdded by IBM on October 26, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can use the Text item to echo text, or build a summary page.
Use the Text item from the Palette to create a header or title for your form. You can also use it to echo text, make a summary page, or to add a user’s name to the top of a form. The following instructions describe how to create a summary page on your form. The summary page displays a read-only version of a changes to a user prior to confirming a change. For example, if your application is a checkout feature where users enter billing and shipping information, you can set an echo text page to confirm their billing and shipping addresses prior to completing and confirming the order.
Parent topic: Adding specialized form items
- In the Outline view, located to the right of the form, insert a page by clicking the green plus icon to the right of Page 1.
An empty form page appears.
- Drop a Text item onto the form.
- Click the Edit Properties icon.
The Edit Properties window opens.
- Enter the name of the Text item in the text area.
For example, you might enter "Summary Page".
- Under the Content: heading, click Insert item. Select the page and item you want to display on the summary page.
- Repeat for all of the items in your form you want to summarize.
You can separate the selected items by spaces, commas, line breaks, or other formatting.
- Click OK to save your changes and close the Properties window.