Installing IBM Forms Experience Builder with WebSphere Application Server Community EditionAdded by IBM on October 26, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|The following instructions describe how to install Forms Experience Builder with WebSphere® Application Server Community Edition. Use this installer if you do not have WebSphere Application Server or DB2® already installed on your system.
You must be logged in as a user in the Administrators
group when running the installer for Windows
™. You must log on to the system as root
when installing on Linux
™ or AIX
- Select the installer and double-click it to run.
Table 1. Installer names for Windows, Linux, and AIX operating systems
|Operating System||Installer name |
The installer begins initializing, and a few seconds later the installer window opens.
- Select a language and click OK.
- Click Next and read the license agreement.
- Click I accept the terms in the license agreement then click Next. The Select Installation Directory panel opens.
- Select the directory where you want to install Forms Experience Builder, and click Next.
- On the Install Choice screen, select Yes to "Would you like to install an application server and deploy IBM® Forms Experience Builder?", and click Next.
- You can register the application server as a service by selecting Yes from the "Register application server as a service?" option.
To register the application server as a service, you must have the following prerequisites:
- For Windows:
- You must have Microsoft™ .NET framework version 2.0 or higher already installed.
- You must be a member of the Administrators group. On Windows 2008, you must be the Administrator.
- For Linux, or AIX:
- You must log on to the system as a root user.
- The service is automatically started the next time the operating system is started.
- In the Administrator information fields, enter a user name and password for the administrator.
Note: Make note of the Administrative user name and password as it is required for completing the installation, as well as any tasks using the WebSphere Application Server Administration Console.
- Forms Experience Builder requires an established user for initial login. The installer creates an established user that you can use to log on to Forms Experience Builder, and begin creating applications. Enter a user name and password for the initial user, and click Next.
Note: The User information cannot be identical to the Administrator information.
- Forms Experience Builder can send email notification when an application changes status:
A summary screen is shown. Confirm the information shown is correct, and click Install.
- If you want to receive an email when the application status changes, insert the SMTP server name, the From address, and click Next.
- If you do not want to receive an email when the application status changes, remove the check mark beside Set up notification information, and click Next.
Forms Experience Builder is installed into the specified directory on your system. When installation is complete, click Done to close the installer.
When you install Forms Experience Builder with WebSphere
Application Server Community Edition, many of the general configuration tasks are completed for you automatically. Go to Completing the installation
Parent topic: Installing IBM Forms Experience Builder