To use these instructions, you must have WebSphere
Application Server and DB2
® installed on your system. You must be logged in as a user belonging to the Administrators
group when running the installer for Windows
™. You must log in to the system as root
when installing on Linux
- Select the installer and run it.
Table 1. Installer names for Windows, Linux, and AIX operating systems
|Operating System||Installer name |
The installer begins initializing, and a few seconds later the installer window opens.
- Select a language and click OK.
- Click Next and read the license agreement.
- Click I accept the terms in the license agreement then click Next. The Select Installation Directory panel opens.
- Select the directory where you want to install Forms Experience Builder, and click Next.
- On the Install Choice screen, select No to "Would you like to install an application server and deploy IBM® Forms Experience Builder?", and click Next.
Selecting No informs the installer that you will manually deploy Forms Experience Builder to WebSphere Application Server.
- A summary screen is shown. Confirm the information shown is correct, and click Install.
Forms Experience Builder is installed into the specified directory on your system. When installation is complete, click Done to close the installer.
The installer places the files you need to manually deploy Forms Experience Builder to WebSphere
Application Server in the <installation directory>/deploy
directory. Now that Forms Experience Builder is installed, use the following instructions to set up the DB2
database, deploy WebSphere
Application Server, and create the extensions
Parent topic: Installing IBM Forms Experience Builder