Running a formula from an eventAdded by IBM on October 26, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|After you add General formulas using the Settings tab, you can use the formulas when running events. For example, you can set a formula to run when a user clicks a button.
General formulas by default run whenever a form item is changed by the user. You can set formulas to run upon a specific event. For example, if a customer is entering information into an order form, you can set a formula to calculate sales tax and a subtotal when the user clicks a button. To run a formula when a user clicks a button:
Parent topic: Adding formulas to your application
- Add a button to your form.
- Click the Edit Properties icon.
The Edit Properties window opens.
- Click the Events tab.
- Select onClick from the list of Client Side events.
The onClick options window opens.
- Select Run a Formula.
A list is shown to the right of Run a Formula
- Click the list to reveal the list of General formula created in the Settings tab.
- Click Add/Edit Formula to create a formula.
- After you either select, or create the formula, click OK twice to close both the onClick and Properties windows.